Improving the health of our patients through groundbreaking clinical research
The Schweiger Dermatology Group (SDG) Clinical Research Department Research Clinic is led by Dr. David Goldberg, founder of Skin, Laser and Surgery Specialist of New York and New Jersey. Dr. Goldberg brings more than 25 years of experience in conducting large multi-center clinical trials on a wide variety of cosmetic and medical devices, as well as pharmaceutical treatments. Our research team is committed to responsible research conducted under strict industry and safety standards.
Current Clinical Trials:
Study: Atopic dermatitis
Purpose: A clinical research study to test the effectiveness of an investigational medication to reduce symptoms.
- Age 12 or older
- Have moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis for at least 2 years
Duration: 60 weeks/visiting the doctor’s office at least 16 times
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $1000 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Laser Acne Trial
Purpose: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational laser for the treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- Male and Females, 15-60 years old
- Diagnosed mild to moderate acne vulgaris
Duration: Approx. 52 weeks
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $325 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Vitiligo Trial
Purpose: Vitiligo is a skin condition in which there is a loss of color (referred to as “depigmentation”) from areas of skin. This results in uneven white patches that have no pigment, but the skin feels like normal. The purpose of the study you are being asked to participate in is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the RECELL® Device when used for repigmentation of stable vitiligo. Stable vitiligo means that the areas affected by loss of pigment have been unchanged for at least the last 12 months. The study will evaluate the effect of using RECELL for repigmentation.
- Male and Females, 18 years or older
- Diagnosed with Focal, segmental or generalized (i.e., nonsegmental) vitiligo photographically documented as stable (No new lesions within the previous 12 months)
Duration: Approx. 52 weeks
Compensation: If all visits kept, up to $1350 will be paid to patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Alopecia Areata
Purpose: This research study will look at two different doses of CTP-543 compared to placebo (looks like the study drug, but does not contain active ingredients) when given to research subjects with alopecia areata (sudden hair loss) twice-daily for 24 weeks. The main purpose is to determine if CTP-543 will result in hair regrowth, and to see if taking CTP-543 is safe.
- Male and Females, ages 18 to 65 inclusive
- Definitive diagnosis of alopecia areata with a current episode of scalp hair loss lasting at least 6 months and not exceeding 10 years at the time of Screening. Total disease duration greater than 10 years is permitted.
- At least 50% scalp hair loss, as defined by a SALT score ≥50, at Screening and Baseline.
Duration: Approx. 28 weeks
Compensation: If all visits are kept, up to $500 will be paid to the patient *once all visits are completed*
Study: Buttock Toning
Purpose: Simultaneous Application of High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Procedure and Radiofrequency for Toning of Buttocks. Subjects of both groups will be required to complete four (4) treatment visits and two follow-up visits. All of the study subjects will receive the treatment with the subject device.
- Adults 21 years of age or older
- Desire to treat skin laxity in the butt region.
- BMI ≤ 35 kg/m2
Duration: Approx. 12 weeks
What to expect during a clinical trial:
- Access to new investigational treatments before they are made widely available
- Financial compensation for participation
- An opportunity to contribute to the advancement of medical science through research
- Study visits conducted by a trained and dedicated research team
- Adherence to strict industry and safety standards.
- Evaluations performed by one of our certified provide