Chronic acne is a condition that affects millions of men and women throughout the US, with studies showing that up to 54% of women and 40% of men over 25 suffer from acne at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, many people have acne just doesn’t resolve with the usual treatments, whether topical or medication – which is why we are proud to offer Fractora for acne in NY and NJ – an innovative procedure that destroys acne deep below the surface to give you clear and glowing skin.
How is Fractora used for acne treatment?
Fractora is an innovative synergy of microneedling and radiofrequency (RF) technologies. The revolutionary Fractora handpiece uses microneedles to give you all the usual benefits of microneedling, but with one critical difference: Each needle emits RF energy to heat the deepest layers of your skin and trigger intensive cellular healing and regeneration.
Fractora was initially designed as an anti-aging treatment but was found to have an incredible side effect: it cured cases of acne that has not responded with oral, topical, laser, and other treatments. Fractora is effective for:
- Treating chronic and systemic acne that won’t respond to other treatments
- Reducing the appearance of acne scars
- Softening your skin
- Reducing the appearance of age spots, sun spots, and excessive freckles
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
- Even skin tone
The benefits of Fractora
- Low downtime, with most patients returning to work the same or the next day after treatment
- Incredible results after only one treatment
- Most patients only need two or three treatments to obtain optimum results
- A relatively painless and non-invasive procedure
- No scalpels, no knives, no injections
Am I a candidate?
Fractora is safe for almost any skin type, although an in-person medical consultation is required to ensure no pre-existing condition could prevent your skin from healing properly.
Most patients who come for Fractora for acne are those who:
- Have chronic and systemic acne that they want to resolve
- Have tried other treatments to no effect
Why choose us?
If you’re suffering from chronic acne that has not responded to other treatments, it’s time to come and see the professionals at Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of NY and NJ. Our highly-trained team of cosmetic dermatologists has decades of experience identifying and treating the underlying causes of acne. We can help you have clear, acne-free skin, at last!