Ablative laser resurfacing, also known as a “laser peel,” is an intensive skin treatment that safely removes the upper layer of aging skin to regenerate new, healthy skin cells. Ablative laser resurfacing forces your skin to undergo intensive cellular regeneration and healing that results in dramatically-improved skin quality. The best part: The results appear within a few short weeks.
What is ablative laser resurfacing?
Ablative laser resurfacing is the term for a type of laser treatment that removes the upper layer of your facial skin, similar to a chemical peel. At Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of NY and NJ, we offer several forms of ablative laser treatments and will select the most appropriate system to restore smoother, tighter, more supple facial skin.
Ablative laser resurfacing can:
- Reduce the appearance of mild and moderate fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation (sun spots, age spots, and freckles)
- Tighten and firm your skin
- Provide a more even and smooth complexion
- Treat sun-damaged skin
- Reduce the appearance of acne, chickenpox, or other facial scars
- Effectively treat sagging skin
- Reduce enlarged oil glands
- Remove facial warts
The benefits of ablative laser resurfacing
When you’re considering laser resurfacing, it’s essential to understand the pros and cons of each type of treatment. Ablative laser resurfacing comes with some downtime (up to two weeks), but it also has some pretty incredible benefits:
- Dramatic results appear within two to four weeks
- Only one treatment needed
- Safe treatments are available for any skin type
- Very effective anti-aging procedure
Am I a candidate?
Candidates for ablative laser resurfacing are typically those who:
- Desire dramatic improvement in their skin without undergoing invasive surgery
- Can afford a couple of weeks of downtime
- Don’t have any pre-existing medical condition that could hinder healing
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
When you arrive for an initial consultation, we will review your medical history and ensure the procedure is right for you.
Why Choose Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of NY and NJ?
At SLSS, we are devoted to bringing the latest, most innovative, and most effective aesthetic treatments to our patients. Our premier NY and NJ clinic have the distinction of being a regular testing ground for dermatological therapies and devices, and we are always on the cutting edge of technological advances in the field of anti-aging.
If you’re considering ablative laser treatment in NY or NJ, don’t settle for anything less than the best. Call us today at (201) 299-4521 to schedule your consultation!