TheraClear™, previously known as Acleara™, is a breakthrough acne treatment that combines a gentle vacuum with pulses of laser energy to improve the appearance of skin. This FDA- approved acne treatment technology is safe to use on all skin types.
How does TheraClear™ work?
- Position: The hand piece device is placed directly on the treatment area.
- Cleanse: TheraClear™ uses vacuum technology to safely and comfortably remove acne-causing bacteria and thoroughly cleanse the skin.
- Treat: Therapeutic light from the hand piece destroys bacteria.
- Complete: TheraClear™ treatment is completed when the pores are cleansed.
The TheraClear™ system combines two different methods for effectively treating acne. First, vacuum therapy is applied to the skin to unclog pores and rid the skin of blackheads. Next, a light is used to eradicate the bacteria associated with acne production.
In general, acne can be treated if two basic conditions are addressed:
- First, it’s important to stop the oil glands from becoming plugged. TheraClear™ accomplishes this by using a vacuum to clean pores and extract the buildup of sebaceous material.
- Next, it’s crucial to reduce the bacteria that resides in the glands, which can ultimately lead to inflammation. A broadband light (BBL™) is used to destroy acne-causing bacteria and decrease oil production.
Who is a good candidate for TheraClear™?
Nearly everyone who suffers from acne can make a good candidate for TheraClear™ acne treatment. Since TheraClear™ is gentle on the skin, it can even be used by teenagers. During your consultation, you and your provider will discuss your need for TheraClear™, examine before and after pictures, and ultimately determine if this treatment option is right for you.
What is the cost of TheraClear™?
The cost of your TheraClear treatment will depend upon the extent of your acne. After a thorough consultation with one of our board-certified providers, the two of you will reach an agreement regarding the treatment plan necessary. At this time, our office will provide you with a quote for treatment. At Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists, we accept CareCredit® and Alphaeon™ Credit to help you rapidly access the necessary treatment.
How do I take my first step towards acne relief?
To learn more about TheraClear or an alternate acne treatment at Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists, please call our office. We will schedule a private consultation to help you discover your options.